Thursday, February 5, 2015

Substitute for Mayo

Hey Everyone!

So this is my first blog ever!  Recently I just signed up to be a beachbody coach because I love their products and their stuff WORKS!  So most of my blogs are going to be able health and fitness.

Let me tell you a little about me first:

I am originally from Upstate New York, but I am living in El Paso, Texas currently due to my husband being in the Army.  I also was in the Army for almost 5 years as a Military Police Officer.  I deployed to Afghanistan in 2010-2011.  I have been stationed at Fort Bliss, TX and Fort Gordon, GA.  The Army was a great experience.

While I was in the Army I became pregnant with my son DJ (Derrick Jr).  At the time my husband and I were not married yet but I moved back to El Paso with him where he was stationed.  We got married August 31, 2013.  DJ was born in El Paso on Oct 18th, 2013.  Soon after, roughly 3 months I got pregnant again with my daughter (Roslyn).  Roslyn was also born in El Paso on October 12, 2014.  Talk about being busy with two little ones that are less than a year apart!  But I love my little family and all the craziness that comes with it!

While being a stay at home mom of two babies, I also attend the University of Oklahoma.  I tend online majoring in Criminal Justice.  It is difficult to juggle all these things at once but I make it work because one day I want my kids and husband to be proud of me so they are my MOTIVATION!

Aside from all of that, I also work out.  After I had my daughter, I knew I had get back into shape, the way I was when I was in the Army.  But how could I do all of that, go to school and take care of two little babies?  It's not easy, but its the best decision I made.  I got a hold of one of my friends from back home that was doing this 21 day fix thing.  I looked into it and saw that, that was something I would enjoy doing.  I bought 21 day fix with SHAKEOLOGY and joined her team and never looked back.  So far I have lost in the first round over 7 pounds and 1.5 inches off my waist!!  With these results it had motivated me to want to become a coach so that I too could help others that were struggling with their weight, just wanting to make themselves better and/or help encourage them to eat better.

The 21 day fix is a 21 day program that has 30 minute exercises that you can do right in your own home and it gives you a meal plan that has portion control!  It also gives you shakeology which is the healthiest meal of the day and a dense superfood nutrition.  It helps with cravings, feeling hungry and so much more!

So here is my 21 day fix approved substitute for mayo!

This recipe is super easy and really its all about how you like the ingredients!

Things you will need:
Food processor

Ingredients:
Artichokes (1-2 cans depending on how much you want to make.  The above pictures is 2 cans, so it makes a lot!)

Fresh basil ( I used quite a bit of basil because I like it!)

Garlic powder (I looooove garlic, so I put quite a bit of that in there also!)

Fresh lemon juice (you only need half a lemon and you don't need a lot of juice so don't use the whole half or else it will probably be really lemony)

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you need quite a bit of this also because this is what makes it the mayo consistency)

Instructions:
Grind up the artichokes first, then add the basil.  Give it a taste to see if it needs more.  Then add all your other ingredients.  For the extra virgin olive oil slowly pour it into the food processor as its going.  Make sure to check it so that your not putting too much oil in it.  Once all ingredients are combined, you are all set to go!  You can have some right then and there or stick it in the frig for later.

This recipe you can use for a lot of things.  I made roast beef rolls, that had roast beef, provolone cheese, and red bell pepper strips with this in it and it was good!!  I also made some lamb the other night and put this on top.  You can use this instead of mayo for chicken salad!

If you are looking to start a new way of life, get healthy, lose some weight or even just a couple pounds with some motivation, I would love to be apart of your journey in helping you succeed in your goals and helping you get to your goals!  You can find me at:

www.beachbodycoach.com/AMANDADEW06

OR

amandaprouty@hotmail.com

I would love to answer an questions that you have about the recipe or questions about health and fitness!




9 comments:

  1. What is the container conversion for the mayo substitution?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, the artichokes are a veggie so you could count it as a green because all the other ingredients besides the oil are free foods. I wouldn't really count it as a green because you don't really need that much! especially if your just going to use it for a mayo like condiment for wraps or a chicken salad type food. So really, its up to you on how you want to count it. I personally would use a blue container to measure it out and probably count it as a orange since it is like a dressing. If you use a orange container to measure it out I don't think that would be enough for a salad if that is what you want to use it for. It would definitely be enough for a wrap though. So I would count it as a orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you drain the artichokes? I can't wait to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you drain the artichokes? I can't wait to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you use artichoke hearts or bottoms? Hard to find canned artichokes here in SoCal but the whole ones cost a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long will it last in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete